This Is The URL (YOURDOMAIN.COM) Where Your New Blog Will Go Live!
We recommend using GoDaddy to register your domain unless you already have a domain through another domain registrar.
You DO NOT NEED TO PAY FOR HOSTING SERVICES on your domain, just a simple domain registration (no other add-on services are needed.
The PSMU Blogging Service provides all the other hosting features that you will need.
To register your domain at GoDaddy, please follow these easy instructions:
- Go to https://www.godaddy.com/.
- Sign up for an account if you don’t already have one or log in to your existing account.
- You do not need to sign up for any additional services. Your only charge should be the dollar amount shown on GoDaddy’s home page for your first year of registration, which costs about 13 dollars annually.
- To protect against domain related spam, you can get a free Google Voice number and put that as your Domain Whois info. This way if spammers call you, they get a voice mail that then forwards to your email. https://www.google.com/voice You can even set it so only your contacts can call you. Edit: You may still receive spam domain name related email, but it usually stops after the first few days.
- Search for a domain that you want to represent your business (see tips on NAMING YOUR BUSINESS as the domain should match the name.
- Save your Godaddy or other domain registrar’s log in information in a safe place!
Now continue on to Step #3 where you move your domain’s hosting over to the PSMU servers. This step can be reversed at any time.